bbbb

bbbb

Sunday 16 August 2015

Urban Decay Smoky Palette


I've been so excited about the launch of this palette for quite some time, as you guys may of guessed by now I really love a smokey eye so this palette just makes sense for me to purchase, and since that day I've not touched any other eye shadow. This product really has everything you need to create any smokey eye look you want.


Firstly let just take a minute to appreciate the very practical but beautiful packaging. The palette has this gorgeous watercolour smoke design all over the hard casing of the palette. Inside of that there is a mirror inside that's the same length of the palette which comes in really handy when your using the palette on the go. Just from the packaging alone you really feel like you've got a great high quality product and you know that the eye shadows inside are going to be just . 


Inside there are 12 eye shadows to choose from with the perfect mix of shimmer, satin and matt the possibilities are endless. 
These 12 shades include
 ¦ High ¦ Dirtysweet ¦ Radar ¦ Armor ¦ 
¦ Slanted ¦ Dagger ¦ Black Market ¦ Smolder ¦ 
¦ Password ¦ Whiskey ¦ Combust ¦ Thirteen ¦

 I really like how much the colours vary with this palette as there are some really pretty highlight shades, champagnes and golds going to blues purples and greys. For me this is great as it's really pushed me out of my comfort zone of using black constantly and I've been able to build up the different colours more to create a more interesting look with alot more depth. 

I have found that using Thirteen first as a highlight on my brow bone then using Combust in the crease and then slightly into where I just put thirteen it creates a perfect transition for the dark smokey shades. I really love the final result by doing this you don't get a start stop line where the dark shade finishes and your highlight begins. Instead you'r left with a perfectly blended eye that transitions perfectly shade to shade without any harsh lines. Because of this gorgeous effect they give I love these two and I feel I'l be touching pan very quickly with Combust in the not so distant future.

 As far as the actual colours are concerned my favourites have been Smolder, Dagger and Password. I've mainly been using Password in the crease after Combust and then taking either Smolder or dagger onto my lid and lower lash line this creates a really pretty smokey look with some really nice interest by using different colours. 

I have been so impressed with the pigmentation of these beautiful shades as this is my first Urban Decay palette I thought it would be good but I didn't expect them to be this good. You really don;t need a primer with these colours they are perfectly pigmented all by themselves. I would recommend wearing a primer for durability but I personally feel that about any eye shadow as I hate the horrible creased look that tends to                                             develop during a long day at work. 


Finally the other great thing about this palette is the brush as its fit for every purpose. the smaller side is slightly domed so that it can fit into smaller parts of your eye such as the inner corner and lower lash line. But aswell as this it also works great on the lid and to create more defined shapes. Then on the other end there is a gorgeous tapered blending brush which works fantastic to give that perfect smokey eye which is exactly what you want to achieve with this palette.


Overall I'm really impressed with this product and it has definitely converted me to Urban Decay. Its a great palette for anyone who loves a smokey eye but I think especially for someone who new to this sort of style as it gives you all the tools you need to create that perfect on point smokey eye.
Have you picked up this palette too ? Are you as in love as I am?

Emer X 

No comments:

Post a Comment